Sunday, March 15, 2009

So finally I have something new to add.  This is a cute little cardigan for a boy.  The pattern comes from Louisa Harding's book, "Natural Knits for Babies and Moms."  Like the coral cable vest, it is made with a finer yarn and took a bit more time to complete.  Usually I have been using a little heavier gauge yarn.  I noticed so many cute baby sweaters require finer yarn and are designed with more details.   
I have added "techno" buttons with what look like little screw heads to give it a more masculine touch.  

I had a little problem with the collar.  The instructions are to knit the collar separately and to then sew it on.  This is a bit tricky as there are live stitches along the back neck edge and the collar must be stretched to fit and to roll nicely.  I'm glad I have experience in sewing to know how to make the collar fit properly.  Also I questioned just how to sew the collar on to make a nice seam edge on the inside.  I probably should have done a little research on technique, but I was in a big hurry to finish the sweater.  Yeah!!!!! It is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment