Wednesday, March 18, 2009




Here's a cute little number.  It was featured in Prima July 2005.  This sweater is called Ribbed Baby Jacket.  It called for a snap and a cute little ribbon rose. Sorry! I have way too many buttons and so I made a button hole and added a beautiful peal button. I learned the little flower detail back when I was smocking.  The size is suppose be a size 3 - 6 months.  I like the construction as it is basically one piece.  The sleeves are one piece with the front and back and formed with sets of cast on and cast off stitches.  The ribbed neck and back are picked up along the fronts and neck. I like the idea of a wide ribbed band and I also like the way the collar hugs the neck of the child.  

I am wishing now I had some cute baby to model the sweaters. I have yet to see one on a live model. 

I may have to take a little break as tendonitis is starting to set in. 12 sweaters in two months has been fun but can be hazardous to your health.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment